November 3, 2012 by Shannon
It’s kind of a lazy day around here today. The husband is off getting new tires for his car and it’s just me, two of the kids and the dogs for a few hours. I’m still recovering from surgery, so I’m missing the local RDO (Responsible Dog Ownership) event put on by our dog club this weekend, which kind of sucks because I always enjoy doing Meet The Breeds with the dogs. Any chance to educate the public on responsible dog ownership and get the dogs out there is a good one, especially with a breed like Corsos. Most people don’t know what they are and many tend to be afraid of them either because of their size, cropped ears or both.
After having had Rottweilers for years, I’ve gotten used to people crossing the street and giving me a wide berth, giving me dirty looks, yelling at me as they drive by (oh yes, this has happened) and what-have-you. Nevermind that they were my demo dogs for obedience class, registered therapy dogs and very well-mannered. People fear the unknown and tend to believe the myths perpetuated by the mainstream media about certain breeds of dogs. So missing the opportunity to introduce people to my breed this weekend is kind of a big bummer for me, but it’s more important that I heal and heal correctly right now because I have lots of work to do coming up in the next several months. Not to mention the day-to-day with the kids and the house. All you moms out there know what it’s like when Mom is out of commission. Ack.
So for now I am content to sit here with the dogs and rest up for the coming adventures. This holidays are coming, Rama’s second birthday is coming, more shows are coming, time to start getting certifications done and plan for the next member(s) of our Corso family. Oh yes, exciting things to come! You won’t want to miss any of it!
- Link up your pet blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below. You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop Linky Tools for that week. Note that if your blog is not pet related your link will be removed. Also note that only one post per blog is acceptable, and links promoting giveaways that are unrelated to the pet blogger hop will be removed. This is a community building exercise and not a promotional vehicle – please treat it as such.
- Grab the new “Saturday Pet Blogger Blog Hop” button below and include it in your SaturdayBlog hop post so that your readers will know what is going on. *Note – posting is optional. Feel free to just link and follow.
- Follow your co-hosts listed in the first 3 slots of the Linky Tool.
- Follow as many other blogs on the linky as you’d like.
- Take a moment to comment on the blogs telling them you’re from the blog hop.
- Follow back when you get a new follower through the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
- Make friends and grow. ♥
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…